Nonprofit Grant Program
Mildred’s Dream Foundation provides grants to community-based nonprofits across three priority focus areas. Grant requests must align with at least one of these three areas: Education access, diversity and inclusion; Domestic Violence and Abuse Prevention and Survivor Support; or Physical and Mental Health.
Our Grant Committee is responsible for the review of grant applications and decisions regarding the award and distribution of grant funds. In 2022, up to $350,000 in total will be granted to nonprofit organizations that align with our mission and fall within the grant guidelines. Each grant will range from $10,000 to $25,000 and is dependent on the budgetary needs of the grant request.
To be eligible to receive a grant, organizations must:
- Be designated by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit under 501(3)(c) of the U.S. Tax Code.
- Support the community in one of the following areas: 1. Education access, diversity and inclusion; 2. Violence and Abuse Prevention and Survivor Support; 3. Physical and Mental Health and Well-being
- Provide direct services or advocacy/coalition work for the community in one of the areas listed above.
MDF does not fund the following interests or entities:
- Colleges and universities
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Politically affiliated groups
- Religious institutions and facilities
Grants provided by MDF cannot be used for capital projects or be redistributed to fund other organizations or nonprofits.
Type of Grants:
- MDF provides grants which fund specific programs or projects, including both direct service and projects that further the organization’s mission and service goals. Up to 20% of the submitted grant request can be used for general operating costs, excluding rent, utilities, office supplies, taxes and insurance. Staff salary can be considered as an operating cost if necessary for program implementation or expansion.
How to Apply:
Applications are due by the end of the business day on September 16, 2022. The accompanying budget sheet is required as part of the application. MDF staff or members of the Grant Committee may request additional information before or during the application review process.
Please email email@example.com for the required budget sheet.
The Grant Committee will begin the application review process after the submission due date. All applicants will receive notification on or around December 1, 2022. Funds will be distributed after January 1, 2023.
If you have questions about the grant process or application, please email Anne Meisner, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions must be submitted in a timely manner so the submittal deadline may be met.
PLEASE NOTE: We are experiencing some technical difficulties with our current email system. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns until this issue is resolved.
SUPPORT MILDRED’S DREAM
Make a Donation Today
MDF proudly donates 100% of the money raised from our events and fundraising activities to our selected charities. All costs associated with MDF events and operations are funded by donations from The Piltch Family.